Please read the below terms and conditions for information purposes, full details will be in your rental agreement.
Booking & Rental Periods
All motorcycles and equipment are rented subject to availability.
All rentals are for a minimum period of one day.
‘One day’ begins from 9.00 a.m.
A ‘Weekend’ begins from 12pm Friday until 9am Monday.
- Unless agreed beforehand, hirers must be between 25 and 69 years old.
- Due to restrictions imposed by our insurers we are prohibited from hiring our motorcycles to a number of individuals which include but are not exhaustive; professional gamblers, sports persons and models. Diplomats, entertainers and couriers are among those excluded. Please enquire when you make your booking.
- Where additional named riders are added to the rental agreement, they must meet all the same qualifications as the hirer. For the avoidance of doubt the hirer is always responsible to us for the vehicle and for observation of the terms and conditions of the rental agreement.
- Hirers and riders must advise us beforehand if you intend to take the motorcycle outside of the U.K.
- Before a motorcycle is handed over to you, the hirer, you must show us your full motorcycle riding licence. You must also provide us with two other forms of identification that confirm your identity and current address. Passports, rent books, bank documentation (not more than one month old) or utility bills (not more than three months old) will provide the necessary details. This applies to both U.K. residents and also to hirers and riders living overseas.
- Foreign nationals and overseas visitors holding non U.K. licences must provide passport details and proof of where you are staying whilst in the U.K.
- Racing, time trials, track days, riding the Nurburgring, and motocross events are among the activities specifically listed and prohibited in the Rental Agreement terms and conditions. Please read the Rental Agreement carefully for full details. Non-compliance may void insurance cover and if the motorcycle is damaged at any time during the hire period, the hirer will be liable to us for the full cost of repair or replacement.
- Hirers are responsible for payment of all tolls, tickets, penalty charges, fines etc. If we have to deal with them on your behalf, there will be an additional administration charge for each item.
- Hirers are responsible for any damage to the motorcycle, accessories and equipment during the hire. Hirers are also responsible for punctures and damage to tyres – including excessive tyre wear.
- Provided that all aspects of the Rental Agreement are observed by the hirer and additional riders, the hirer’s liability in respect of his/her responsibilities is limited to a sum not exceeding the pre-authorised deposits.
- You must tell us about any driving offences that you have pending or recorded on your licence before you make your booking, and they must be acceptable to our insurers. Non-disclosure could mean that the hire cannot go ahead and that you lose the rental fees you have paid us.
We will be unable to rent a motorcycle to any person who has been disqualified from driving during the last 24 months or who currently has on their licence three or more convictions, or any of the following offence codes in the last 5 years:
UT – Theft or unauthorised taking
DR – Drink or Drugs
DD – Dangerous Driving
BA – Driving whilst disqualified
LC – Driving without a Licence
CD – Careless Driving
- A minimum of 20% of the rental fees will be taken as a non refundable deposit at the time of booking.
- The balance of the rental fees (if applicable) will be due 28 days before the recorded rental period begins. (The ‘due date’)
- If full payment is not received by the due date, the booking may be cancelled and the rental deposit will be forfeited.
- No partial refunds are made for early returns.
- Unauthorised extension of the rental period will be charged per day or part thereof, at the full, advertised, daily rates.
- When you pick up the motorcycle we will take a security deposit from you in the form of a pre authorisation on your credit or debit card. When you sign the rental agreement you are also authorising South east motorcycle hire to debit your card for any additional charges that you incur (for example in respect of rental extension, loss, theft, damage, unpaid fines etc.)
- Your deposit will be returned promptly once the motorcycle and other hired equipment have been returned safely and fully inspected by us. If the motorcycle needs to be cleaned before a full inspection can be made it is unlikely that we will be able to do this while you wait.
Accident and Breakdown
- If you have an accident during the hire, the first thing you should do after you have confirmed that there are no injuries, is to take the details of any other parties involved, then call us to inform us of the situation.
- You are not authorised to admit liability to anything on behalf of us or our insurers.
- After an incident, if the motorcycle is unusable or is unrepairable during your hire, we offer neither refund, nor replacement. We will endeavour to get you and the motorcycle home as soon as possible.
- If you have an accident or a breakdown or lose your keys etc. you are covered by our Breakdown Assistance service and you are covered for third party liability insurance as well. However, you may be liable to us for additional costs of repair, loss, damage or recovery etc.
- Repairs will only be carried out by our authorised mechanics and only at our instruction.
2016 @ Southeastmotorcyclehire.co.uk
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org